Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cardigan Addiction


Garter Yoke Cardi
Originally uploaded by craftytails
After a few months of non-stop work and little time for side projects, I am finally making my craft life a priority again.

First things first, the knitting portion of my Tilted Duster is finished. The only parts left are sewing in buttons, setting and seaming the sleeves and blocking. Some minor modifications were made after reading notes from Ravelry users. The back and two front pieces were increased from 4" to 6" in order to create a more flattering bust (from 21 to 31 rows using a size 9 needle). The sleeves were made one size larger to improve fit around the arms. If I manage to avoid major mistakes in the seams, the sweater will be my new weapon against the uncomfortably cold climate in my office.

As a result of my unchecked problem with "start-itis", the Garter Yoke Cardi is now on the needles. It's seamless and will satiate my need for instant gratification. Plus, the yarn is quite soft and will not irritate my skin like wool. A trip to Golden D'or this weekend yielded a treasure-trove of buttons which will look perfect with the pink colorway.

Speaking of which, the new Knit Picks catalog arrived and to my delight, it included some limited edition colorways of Felici. I have never been tempted by this yarn in the past, but Abracadabra immediately caught my eye. After a moment, I noticed a colorway next to it called Time Traveler. I am definitely ordering enough for a pair of socks because I am a huge Doctor Who fan. In case someone doesn't know the reference, here is an example of the matching scarf. I used a pattern from this website to knit a scarf for a friend.

For the time being, however, there will be no new socks until the cardigan frenzy subsides. Next up is Mr. Greenjeans, then perhaps the Vine Yoke Cardigan since I love Ysolda Teague's patterns so much.

1 comment:

Deb G. said...

The tilted duster looks gorgeous-- can't wait to see pictures of yours!