Monday, July 6, 2009

Good Lighting? Never!

I found a drawback to my new home. The windows are positioned in manner that is not conducive to natural light. This means I have to actually do some research and become more skilled with photography. The horrible pictures I have taken of knitting projects lately are not to be tolerated. Thus, another portion of my laziness comes to an end. Damn you, apartment, for attempting to increase my skill set.

The chevron scarf for my darling friend is going to come to a bitter sweet end this evening. Sweet because it will finally be finished and bitter because I knit yet another scarf. I fully believe many people can sympathize with my scarf dilemma. Although they are wonderfully practical items, the actual process is slightly more interesting than watching paint dry. The pattern choice really doesn't matter because this is a series of repeats that simply feel like they go on and on... for eternity. I appreciate the simple pattern and gorgeous product. The inherent problem lies with my easily distracted brain, often drawn to late-night phone calls and accounts at these newfangled places like Twitter or Netflix. Those young whippersnappers are truly on to something.

Now, to the obligatory Cthulhian portion of this post. I must confess a deep, unabated obsession with all-things-Lovecraft. My stalking of Zabet will take a new and hideous turn after seeing a Cthulhu cross stitch pattern posted on the website. Cross stitch and I had a tumultuous relationship, resulting in a several beautiful children. Nonetheless, this is not my preferred technique and yet I have found myself yearning to pick up the embroidery hoop and needle again. Be warned.

No comments: