Monday, July 30, 2007

Big Trouble in Little Yarn Store

D. and I embarked on a quest for mischief this weekend. With her husband's blessing (sort of) and my boyfriend being out of town, we decided to go on a yarn store crawl. I had not planned to buy any yarn, but... oops? Well, not entirely. For months, I have been checking out the Central Park Hoodie. As per usual, the yarn specified is far too expensive for me and I have not had the time to rethink the gauge. I had not even decided on the color, until stumbled upon six balls of Cestari washable wool in purple tweed. The pattern runs small, so I made a slightly larger size. I really hope this fits properly when the dust finally settles.

In my free time, the monkey socks were finally completed! I took nice photos for Ravelry and my camera promptly died after the last picture. Of course it did.

Finally, my morning could not be complete without an acquaintance walking up to my desk and hurling balls of yarn at me. Nothing says guilt-free stash building like an umprompted fiber attack.

No comments: