Saturday, July 14, 2007

New Beginnings, Old Yarn

After corrupting my old blog and annoying my friends with craft-centric posts, I have finally made the move to a create a journal to chronicle my projects. Although I have always worked on various crafts throughout my life, the past two years have been consumed with knitting, cross stitch, embroidery and sewing. Right now, I am completely obsessed with making socks. Working full time, I have found that I can complete a pair in two weeks with casual knitting. My first attempt at the monkey socks has been a great success! I used Brown Sheep Wildfoote in the Brown Sugar colorway. The results have been amazing! I will post photos as soon as I learn how to properly use my digital camera. Thus far, pictures have been either blurry, or the colors are not quite right. And those are the good ones.

Next up, I am going through my UFOs and completing them one by one. Surprisingly, one project is only waiting on a pom pom. I tried making one last night and it looked like a tangled mess. I am going to download a tutorial and make another attempt today. My mother really needs her felted bunny as soon as possible.

In August, I am hosting a craft panel at AtsuiCon, so I need to finish my strawberry purse and my plush "Squarey" toy. They have lingered longer than they should have, so I need to begin finishing some things before I can embark on new projects. I have a lot of sock yarn stashed specifically for my boyfriend and I am starting to feel guilty about neglecting his socks. A few friends are still waiting on scarves, socks, a sushi toilet roll cover and a yarmulke. It's evil to make my own monkey socks with so many outstanding projects, I know.

No comments: