Monday, December 24, 2007

Fruity Caps and the Holidays


Fruit Cap
Originally uploaded by craftytails
I am one hat and one scarf short from making my Christmas deadline. Altogether, this is not a bad thing. I had to break for one afternoon to make a fruit cap for a coworker's baby who is due to arrive immediately after the new year. They are having a girl, so I can finally try out some of the lovely patterns I have found.

This weekend, I attended the yearly holiday soiree hosted by Bruce and Mundee. The food and company was extremely cathartic as always. It somehow doesn't feel like Christmas until I exchange gifts, drink too much wine and manage to disgrace myself. This year was happily no exception.

One of the main selling points of the party (besides Mundee's incredible food) is seeing people from out of town. Victor and Susie were a happy surprise. Gracia even turned up wearing a hand knit scarf! The disease has slowly infected friends and coworkers alike. I will not be satisfied until there are vast numbers of personal friends and acquaintances who have a pair of needles and a ball of yarn hidden within their homes in secret shame.

Speaking of which, I am really looking forward to teaching people to knit at Ohayocon in January. My panel is scheduled for Saturday, January 5th. This falls on my birthday, so I am asking that people behave politely to me and each other.

1 comment:

Zabet said...

If I were a better (read: Non-Reigning Mucous Queen) stalker I would have thought to check your blog for the knitting workshop info.

I will hopefully be passing on the mantle of Mucous Queen before the end of the week.