Saturday, June 14, 2008

Packing Up the Craft Room

I am sorting through all of my belongings in preparation for the move at the end of the month. My craft room is the first to get the business, and it is an uglier sight that I ever imagined. Apparently, I have amassed enough craft-related books to fill an entire shelf. Since all of the books are large and heavy, there is a large fleet of small boxes in a corner ready to be deployed to my new home. In the midst of my packing frenzy this afternoon, I heard a loud knock at the door. When I answered it, the property manager was standing outside with some prospective tenants. When I asked why I didn't receive a warning call, he claimed he did not have my phone number (despite the fact that he has called me before). This week, I have returned from work several times to find that my blinds are wide open so curiosity-seekers can easily look at my stuff. The word "violated" doesn't even begin to cover how I feel right now. Although I love my beautiful apartment, ridding myself of secret home invasions by property management is a huge perk.

To cheer myself up, I checked out a few links. Most are older, but still amuse me.

  • Starched doily guns

  • Knitted motorcycle (take that, Eli!)

  • The only bunny visible from space

  • Knitted homes of crime

  • Stash-busting ideas for scrap yarn
  • 1 comment:

    ThriftyMum said...

    Your post, although ringing bells for me (I also have annoying people, although it's the letting agents for us), also cheered me up a little. I'm also about to move, and have been gazing at my stuff wondering where it all came from - especially my craft supplies! But I think you have me beat on the craft books, and that cheers me slightly (only slightly, because I know how many other books I have!). Hope your move goes well.