Friday, May 1, 2009

Doing Grown-Up Things

Aside from searching for a new home, I have decided to start a few minor self-improvement projects. Today, I purchased a new pair of black plastic glasses and, more frighteningly, contact lenses. This gives me a couple of options instead of the boring day-to-day look. Since I have never worn contacts before with any success, my eyes need to be "trained" to handle them. This results in a week of keeping the lenses in for a little longer each day. After three hours this afternoon, my vision began to blur and the scratchiness began. I hope this clears up when I have finally acclimated to handle having foreign objects in my eyes. To make matters even more surreal, the new prescription is very different and much stronger than the last. If it looks like I am zoning out for the next few days, it's because I am trying to focus.

The next items on the list are the bleaching strips I bought for my teeth. Years of drinking dark things are starting to show in a manner I find most unseemly.

Finally, working out and eating healthy food is definitely paying off. If my scale is to be believed, I have lost 25 pounds. I have a few more to go before a personal trainer needs to be hired to help give me *gasp* muscle tone. Huzzah!

In preparation for the move, I de-stashed some of my yarn by sending a few skeins to a good home. She said she loves everything, so I can sleep well knowing my babies have a new mommy who will knit them into something lovely. Other de-stashing is coming to fruition as well. The lazy lap blanket has eaten up at least 580 yards of soft, worsted-weight acrylic and I have two more balls of similar size to attack. If this keeps up, the blanket will be large enough to snuggle with on the couch while watching Dollhouse, my latest television obsession.

1 comment:

blueyed wench said...

Good luck with your missions!